Monday, December 5, 2011

Chad Jones Weed

I was getting a little worried when Wednesday had passed and there was no sign of him coming. I was in full labor on Anna's due date so I had naively assumed Chad would follow the same pattern. But instead I got to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with Chase and his parents. It was wonderfully relaxing and delicious. Friday I called my friend Ashley to join me in a long two hour walk in hopes of burning off some Thanksgiving calories, but really to maybe get things going. She had us go up and down all these hills. I was embarassed how hard I was breathing, but it all seemed to work. I had some contractions that night, but was disappointed when I slept all through the night with no more contractions. I woke up the next day, got Anna out of her crib and the contractions never stopped coming. (I was so relieved to officially be in labor) He came twelve short hours later (and I am not being sarcastic, time really did go by fast)

Chad was born Saturday November 26 at 7:47pm. He weighed 8lbs 3oz and was 21 inches long.

We delivered him at the Riverton Hospital where my midwife Julie works.


Mama and baby. Love you Chad!

The reality of having two kids didn't hit me until I was uploading the pictures and saw this one. I can't believe there are four of us.


Grandma Weed and Chad


Grandpa and Grandma Weed with Chad.
I was so grateful and relieved that Anna was able to stay with her grandparents during our stay at the hospital. Thank you so much!


Thanks for visiting us Ashley! (and for helping me induce labor)

I wish I had a shirt for Anna that said "Big Sister." Funny thing is that don't make Big Sister shirts that small. Huh...I guess people don't usually have babies 16 months apart. Who knew?


So far Chad has been doing great and Anna is adjusting pretty well. The moment she first laid eyes on him she couldn't stop smiling. She loves trying to hold Chad when he is awake, but when he is asleep Anna just goes about her daily business of getting into all the drawers and watching Elmo.





No comments:

Post a Comment